Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stephen Lewis - A Dare To Remember

Remember that time I was fundraising for CWY? Well, stand aside, its time for the Stephen Lewis foundation to take center stage. Our CWY team are the community mobilizers for Calgary. The project we're doing is called "A Dare to Remember". Proceeds from this fund will go to help grassroots organizations in various parts of Africa and go to support the "Grandmothers of Africa". This is really amazing stuff. A Dare to Remember is a pretty unique take as well. As a fundraiser, you can a) do a dare, b) dare a friend/co-worker/family or c) contribute to an existing dare. 

My personal dare is to dress up like a superhero and run around Calgary doing various acts of kindness and good deeds. I will hopefully have a few other superheroines running around with me to help out. Busi's dare is to dance in public. If you want to contribute to our dare, our personalized fundraising page is http://stephenlewisfoundation.akaraisin.com/p/bluasuira.aspx

If you would like to create your own dare, the website is adaretoremember.org

Phew. Now that you've seen all that, updates! Today at my work placement we got to go to a high school and observe the first of four sessions of sexual education. It was really exciting. We're going again tomorrow, which is going to be nice. Thursday we are going to the Criminal Young Offenders Center, which I also think is going to be really interesting. Apparently too, if I later in life decided this was the job for me, the educators all have bachelor degrees. Did you hear that world? I CAN GET A JOB WITH A BACHELOR. So much exciting news, so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment