Saturday, September 26, 2009

SELF DEFENCE

Today we had a self defense course with two "peace officers" ... they work in prisons. They were actually really cool. Now I know how to inflict the most pain with the least amount of effort. For those of you who thought I was terrifying before, now I know how to break a collarbone, or floor a 400 lb guy with one shot. Fun! I'm still sick so it made me feel a little better to get some exercise. I'm feeling better than yesterday though!  Still not feeling great, however. My poor counterpart, once I'm feeling better I'll be able to do exciting things. Until then its probably best to do as little as possible. I most certainly don't want to spend the next 3 (or even 6) months sick. It's not fair to me, my counterpart, my host family, or the group. Soooooo, tonight I rest. Tomorrow I hopefully won't have to leave the house at all and that will be the end of my illness. In other news, we are going to be participating in fundraising for the Stephen Lewis foundation. I'll give more information on our role when I can concentrate for longer periods of time (hopefully tomorrow). 

Until then, I'm feeling better, I can kick butt, and we're having Chinese food tonight. 

1 comment: