Friday, July 10, 2009

The Home Stretch

Preparation time is winding down. I have 20 more days to collect a grand total of $180. That will be the completion of the fundraising portion of Canada World Youth. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along this portion of the program, be it financial or moral support. Both are greatly appreciated. I just got all of my shots (I hope), and I can finally raise my right arm above my head again. I just had to fill out a questionnaire which will help with my work/home placements. This is finally starting to feel real. I'm starting to get nervous about everything. I worry that I won't get along with my host family, my counterpart, or the other girls in the program. I'm worried that I'll flake out and be a terrible program member and be a complete waste of space and resources. I also worry that I'm going to lose everything I own on the flight to Calgary. After having lived out of a suitcase for the past year, I've placed half of my wardrobe in boxes. Also! I'm worried that I won't have packed the proper clothes, because I have to pack for Calgary winter (I have two memories of Calgary, one is a gross pool, the other is hail the size of golfballs) and South African heat. But hey, maybe I'll come back with a tan (the second in my life). I'm also not going to dye my hair in hopes that I become crazy blonde (not A crazy blonde) just in time for Canadian summer.

But, I'm also really excited. So don't get me wrong... I have all of my worries and fears, but I'm sure those will all disappear (except for losing my luggage... thats a constant fear in travel... especially considering - AIR CANADA LOST MY DOG - he was later returned, but seriously... how do you lose a dog? To this day we don't know where he went...) the moment I step off that plane in Calgary to embark on a 6 month journey that will be both exciting and trying.

I will update soon enough when I have some more information to tell you (like hopefully finishing my fundraising).

Dear E-diary, I'm chillin.
p.s. I washed my dog today and he smells like raspberries

No comments:

Post a Comment