Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Banff, Halloween, Whatever else

WELL. It's about time that I posted a new blog. After Mid-Project we still had to have another educational day, which meant ... yes ... even MORE MEETINGS! Mid-Project was interesting. I never in my life want to create meals for 20 people. Leave it up to the professionals! We had to cancel one of the activities due to group negativity, but we did it the next night. Banff is pretty much full of Australians. I don't know how I feel about this. They were nice enough, if they never had to see you again. Some of the girls learned this lesson the hard way, and I didn't really have any interest in the lot of them. We also got to see Lake Louise. It and the mountains were BEAUTIFUL! I love the mountains.

Halloween we volunteered at this crazy Halloween party. I went as an accident. I had to spend most of the night outside however because they needed someone to ... I'm not even sure. I just know I spent 3 hours outside in my host mother's high heels (she made me wear them). It was cold, but I got a walkie-talkie which apparently made the rest of the girls extremely jealous. I also got in tight with the security dudes, I pretty much OWNED that party. It would have been fun if I hadn't been outside alone all night.

Work is going well, we only have 5 days left. I'm a little sad and I'm trying to find work at other Sexual Health Centers, but Calgary Sexual Health is pretty unique in their approach. I want to "borrow" all of their ideas and take them global. Only 3 more weeks until Cape Town, and I'm starting to get excited. Although I'm feeling guilty, I've only sent out one letter and no post cards. I need to get on that, but I've been incredabusy that it's been hard. I will try harder though!

Thats all I can think of for now, I haven't had my coffee yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment