Sunday, November 29, 2009

Last Minute!

Oh man. Today was the last day I had with my entire host family. We had an awesome day because we went to see THE DINOSAURS! AND THE HOODOOS. The badlands were awesome. The dinosaurs were awesome. The museum was awesome. I took pictures. I didn't buy anything at the gift shop because nothing was perfect enough for anyone. I can't give someone something imperfect unless its meant to be so. Then tonight we were all sitting in the living room and my host parents got both Busi and I birthday/Christmas gifts! (Busi's birthday is the 6th, and mine the 16th of December). My host parents got me the hoodie that I saw but couldn't bring myself to buy. I love it. They also got me a book, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. How well do they know me! Their gift comes in the mail tomorrow, I think I'll wrap it and make them promise to wait until Christmas happens. Maybe I'll send something to Rowan (the little girl) from South Africa, not that she's really old enough to understand or appreciate it.

As is my fashion, I broke something I need today. Hah. Two days before departure and I have to do some running around to figure out WHAT IS GOING ON. I need a watch/clock/something. The battery finally disappeared from my piece of crap travel alarm clock so I'm going to have to rush out and get a new one. I ate McDonald's today and it was OHSOGOOD at the time and now my body is outright rejecting me.

Tomorrow I have to do laundry and pack so that Tuesday I can spend the whole day SUPERCLEANING EVERYTHING. I'm worried about my luggage weight, even though I'm going over with less than I came with, or at least the same. I dunno, I just don't want to have to spend the extra charge. I'm sending a bunch of books home for dear mother and father to deal with, as well as my highly broken camera. Lucky for me, I'm a smart cookie (who knows she breaks everything she touches) and I brought a USB stick so I transferred all of my pictures to that. Now I have all of my pictures in case for some freak chance I'll need them in Cape Town.

This may be my last blog update for a while (I know, it's not like I've been particularly good at keeping up with it). I'm not sure what my internet access is going to be like in Cape Town. I'm almost certain there won't be a computer with internet access in the house. It's all a matter of if they have internet at my specific work placement, or if I can find a library to use, or if I want to spend my weekly pocket money at an internet cafe updating this. (If it comes down to that, you might not get as many updates, yar har).

Moral of the story: My host family gave me super thoughtful gifts, my stomach is very unhappy with me, dinosaurs are completely AWESOME, I'm leaving soon (on a jet plane, i don't know when i'll be back again), Stephen Lewis is officially done on December 1st (World AIDS Day), and my dare is done. I do have pictures of myself and a couple other lovely superhero-iffic ladies, but they are on the camera I don't have a cord for. Some other girls have a picture of it, so if they get theirs on facebook, then I'll probably steal it and see if I can put it up here and wherever else.

Okay. I'm going on a rant and I must go to bed soon because I don't have an alarm to wake me up tomorrow! Cheers, good luck with everything between now and whenever.

No comments:

Post a Comment