Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cape Town

Okay, Okay, Okay, so I'm in Cape Town, South Africa.

After quite a while of travelling (9 hours from Calgary to London, 9 hours in Heathrow Airport, 12 hours from London to Cape Town), I have finally arrived. I just got out of the camp where we were with the other (mixed-gender) team who is going to another part of Cape Town. Oh.My.Goodness. I LOVE my all women's team. I had no idea how loud boys could be. I just spent 3 months with almost all girls and I never realized how truly lovely it could be. At the camp, I got to swim in the Indian Ocean (woohoo) in GIGANTIC waves. It was amazing. My internet access may or may not be extremely limited. We shall see. Right now I'm in an internet cafe woo. I meet my host family tomorrow, it's been slightly diffucult to find host families and so everyone else has already met theirs. I think that means ours will just be a little extra special! So tomorrow we get to meet them and we start our orientation around the community.

I'm excited, but we don't start our work placements until January. It's festive season, but that means theres so many other exciting things that are going on that we don't want to miss. Today I went to a holistic market, and there was a booth there that had BEAUTIFUL clothing. I wanted 3 things, but I had zero money. I change my money on Tuesday, so next time it comes around I'll be able to do it. I hope that my positive energy lasts (at least until the jet lag hits) because so far I LOVE CAPE TOWN.

My time is almost up so I must go, but I'm sure I'll be able to update soon enough. Love everyone and don't worry, I'm alive and safe!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment