Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cape Town Baby

I have a host family! Woohoo! They're pretty centralized too which is nice. My host mother is a lovely cook and they've been really nice to us. We have separate beds but we share the same room, which is all good (for now haha). We went to town the other day and went to two museums. We went to the Slave Lodge and the District Six museum. They were both VERY informative and wonderful to visit.

Yesterday we had to "explore the community" so we took a taxi to Athlone and it was our job to ask questions at the police station. We went in, they gave us all the information we needed to know and then on top of that they gave us water bottles. I love free things! Most everything is at least in walking distance, which is a nice break from Calgary. The down side is that we don't get our transport paid for, unlike in Calgary. You win some, you lose some. I guess you can't have it all.

Tomorrow we are going to.... THE BEACH! I'm so excited. I can't wait to go to the beach. Busi and I are about to go to the shop and grab some snacks because they're crazy expensive up by the beach area.

Everything is going well, and I think I'm finally starting to get over jet lag, now it's just a matter of adjusting to the heat. I haven't gotten a sunburn yet (thank you sunscreen) but I can tell it is coming. Probably tomorrow... at THE BEACH!

I'm not sure what else is going on right now. I'm going to work on getting a library card so I don't have to pay R11 for internet for a half hour. It's cheaper to do an hour, but I also want to buy snacks. Talk to everyone soon! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment