Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

So Christmas came and went. It was a little disappointing that we didn't have snow for Christmas. I went to Busi's family from the 24th to the 26th. It was nice to meet her family and friends and extended family and see where it is that she came from. It was also nice to see a different part of Cape Town. I'm sad I didn't get to spend Christmas with my sister and the babies this year, next year they're spending time with Simon's parents. All in all it was a nice experience. The next hurdle is figuring out what to do for New Years. I think that we're going to have a small party at one of the girl's host familys place which should be nice. Then we'll have a sleepover so that no body has to worry about walking at night or being without transit.

Right now I'm at work. Yesterday was a VERY busy day. I didn't get much sleep the night before either. I'm working at an abused women's shelter doing reception (if I haven't already told you before). The women here are very nice, but hearing the women's stories day by day is a little upsetting. Today was quiet though which was nice.

Yesterday we went to one of the girl's houses and had dinner. It was really lovely.

That's really all the news I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment