Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One Week

Okay. So I'm probably the worst blogger ever. I never do it. I'll totally try to do it more in Cape Town even though it's actually going to be more difficult. (Hey, alone time right?) The biggest worry on my mind right now? PACKING! I did my Stephen Lewis dare, but didn't get any pictures so I'm doing it again tomorrow! Haha. Good for me. I dressed as a superhero and went to a high school class with one of the sexual health educators. She said she'd give me money if I walked out of the school without my jacket on, looking like a fool in front of everyone. Of COURSE I did it. Now I have to worry about changing my money, sending crap home that I won't need in Cape Town (like a giant wooly sweater and a million books), seeing how much sending that crap home will COST. Phew. I'm a stressbag. But all of the things we have to do for the program are done, by which I mean all the things my team of 6 had to organize are all done.

We went skating last night and let me tell you, skating is not really my thing. I completely fell on my bum and I'm pretty sure I have a huge bruise. It was really fun though. We went to the Olympic Oval, which is pretty impossible to find unless you have a map tattooed on your body, and who (besides that dude in prison break) actually has that? Especially of Calgary. We're in the midst of debriefing our Canadian experience now and preparing for South Africa. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm nervous of having to live with a whole new host family and learn their ins and outs, at the same time as trying to learn directions around an entirely new city. I'm finally getting used to Calgary and traveling through Calgary and now we're leaving. Lucky for us we'll be in walking distance of our work placements and each other (as well as malls etc). This is BIG. I had to travel an hour every day to and from work, other girls had to travel an hour and a half. This is all for a 15 - 30 minute drive by car. Ridiculous!

I'm not sure what else to tell you right now. This is my update. I love everyone and I'll see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment